CarHopper's Luxury Market Guide to Los Angeles
Looking to visit the City of Angels? Whether you plan to stay for a single day or two weeks, you will find plenty of activities, restaurants, and other spots to satisfy your lust for luxury and adventure.
Every year, 47 million visitors look to bask in the glory of stars and celebrities, enjoy the beach, or walk the Hollywood Boulevard. All of them have different taste, but all of them come away with memories they won't soon forget.
Of course, especially in a city as big as the entertainment capital of the world, it can be difficult to know where to start. So consider this your comprehensive market guide to Los Angeles, complete with recommendations on where to stay, eat, and have fun.
The Top Hotels in Los Angeles
The first consideration for visiting any city should be knowing where you'll stay. Naturally, a metropolis like Los Angeles has plenty of options. Here are our favorite luxury hotels in the city:
- The Peninsula, Beverly Hills. When this hotel calls itself an "exclusive oasis," it's not exaggerating. The rooms are big and beautiful, the service is personalized, and the dining is superb. It's the rare hotel that's a destination in its own right.
- The Beverly Hills Hotel. A quiet location turns this hotel into a getaway from the bustling city. Yet, it's just 5 minutes from Rodeo Drive, with historic charm and luxury dining to boot.
- Terranea Resort. It might be located outside the city, but boasts the perks that come with that location. The ocean views are breathtaking, while a luxury spa and golf club offer plenty of things to do if you want to stay outside the city for a bit.
Of course, these are just a few of the many hotel options you have in this sprawling city. Oyster offers a more complete overview of the best luxury hotels in Los Angeles that is worth checking out.
Where to Eat in Los Angeles
Many of the luxury hotels in the city have their own fine dining options. But naturally, you might want a more authentic dining experience while visiting Los Angeles. In that case, we suggest the following restaurants:
- Beverly Hills Hotel Polo Lounge. For any movie fan, this Hollywood spot is a must visit. It offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but is especially famous for its jazz-centric Sunday brunch. If you love souffle, make sure to get there at 6pm and order the special of the day.
- Il Pastaio. This Italian eatery has been ranked by critics and guests alike as one of the best restaurants in Los Angeles for two decades. Not sure what to order? Though not in the menu, insiders know to ask for the fig carpaccio. As a main dish you can never go wrong with the Caccio e Pepe.
- Catch LA. It might be the most-reviewed spot in the city. It might also be difficult to get a table if you haven't planned before. But the view, and the rich fusion menu will wow you.
- Sugarfish. You may have to wait a few hours to get your table, but we guarantee you that the wait will be worth it. Be sure to order the chef Nozawa's tasting menu and add the sweet shrimps!
To learn more about top dining spots in Los Angeles, visit this luxury restaurant guide by Just Luxe.
Top Activities Spots for a Luxurious Adventure
When you're in Los Angeles, you need to make sure that you actually take away the best the city has to offer. That means visiting some of its many attractions and hot spots, including:
A must see for anyone in the City of Angels
- Hollywood Boulevard, a must for anyone wanting to see the Walk of Fame or check out the famous Hollywood Museum.
- Rodeo Drive, one of the most famous shopping passages in the world. More than 100 luxury boutiques, from Versace and Jimmy Choo to Lanvin and Serapian, are just waiting for you to enter.
- Santa Monica Beach. If you're looking for some much-needed relaxation, this is the place to go. More than 3.5 miles of continuous beach ensure that you can find a spot, while the pier offers low-key entertainment for warm days.
- Melrose Avenue. This avenue is perfect if you are looking to walk around and spoil yourself with some "LA Style" shopping.
When to Visit the City of Angels
All of the above may have raised your interest level in a visit to Los Angeles. Which brings up a natural follow-up question: when exactly should you go?
Generally speaking, the best times to visit the City of Angels are between March and May, or between September and November. Here, the air is most breathable, and the temperature is the perfect warmth for you to enjoy indoor and outdoor activities without worrying about overheating.
The fall months are especially beneficial if you are looking to drive a convertible or stay outside. Precipitation tends to be less than winter and spring, meaning you have a higher chance of staying dry and enjoying your Los Angeles experience to the fullest.
Ultimately, of course, the choice is yours. The beauty of Los Angeles is its variety of hotels, restaurants, and must-visit spots. That list will not change, regardless of which months you decide to pay the world's entertainment capital a visit.
Renting the Right Car
All of the above, of course, are only enjoyable if you can get around in style. The city's sprawling nature, along with its sense of luxury and style, almost scream for a luxurious vehicle that turns your transportation from a necessity into an experience.
To make that happen, look for a luxury car rental like CarHopper. On our website, you can choose the exact vehicle to fit your type of trip, the season, and of course your personal preferences. From Rolls Royce to Lamborghini, you'll be sure to find a set of wheels designed to meet your needs.
Add to that the personalized, flexible service we provide, and your choice becomes obvious. Regardless of whether you come for business or pleasure, to bask in the light of Hollywood stars or do some luxury shopping, our luxury and exotic car rental platform is right for you. Contact us to learn more, and become a customer today. Also be sure to check us out if you are in Miami, Las Vegas, San Francisco, New York, and the Hamptons.